On June 20th 2023 at Military University of Technology the award ceremony for “Innovation for National Security and Defence” competition was held. The 5 award winners were judged based on their projects published in the catalogue “Innovation- Implementation- Security- Defence 2023”. The competition was organized by portal-mundurowy.pl, and this year it was its 5th edition under the honorary patronage of the Head of the National Security Office (NSO) and Director of National Centre for Research and Development (NCRD)
In this year’s edition of the competition a total amount of projects that took part was 40 including 19 projects from colleges, universities, technical academies and centres for research and development, 14 projects from private companies and 7 projects from the Polish Armaments Group (PGZ S.A.). Selection of the projects was according to the agreed set of rules. The jury of the 2023 edition consisted of the representatives of NSO, NCRD, the editorial office of portal-mundurowy.pl as well as of the last year’s winners.
The 1st place was awarded to New Amphibious Infantry Fighting Vehicle BADGER (NBPWP BORSUK). Furthermore, the new fighting vehicle collected the most amount of votes on the survey on portal-mundurowy.pl in the category for the most needed project for Polish Armed Forces and Security from the 2023 catalogue, in the amount of above 23,6% of all the votes. The person to receive the award for HSW S.A. was Janusz Czaja, Director of the Development and Research Office.
Words of appreciation for initiative in publishing the catalogue and evaluation of the most interesting projects in the name of the Director of National Centre for Research and Development (NCRD) was conveyed by Agnieszka Ratajczyk, Director of the Centre International Cooperation Office.
The following projects were awarded in this year’s edition of the “Innovation- Implementation- Security- Defence 2023” competition:
- New Amphibious Infantry Fighting Vehicle BADGER, developed by consortium: Huta Stalowa Wola S.A. (consortium leader), Wojskowe Zakłady Motoryzacyjne S.A., Wojskowe Zakłady Elektroniczne S.A., Wojskowe Zakłady Inżynieryjne S.A.(obecnie Oddział HSW w Dęblinie), Wojskowy Instytut Techniki Pancernej i Samochodowej, Wojskowa Akademia Techniczna, Akademia Sztuki Wojennej, Politechnika Warszawska, OBRUM sp. z o.o. i Rosomak SA (I place – 6 points);
- Pre- targeting radar P-18 PL ( PITRADWAR SA – Leader and Military University of Technology) – 5 points (II place ex aequo);
- Mobile multi-sensor border security system, consortium project: Wojskowa Akademia Techniczna (leader), JSW Nowe Projekty SA, Vortex sp. z o.o. oraz SZYBICKI Sprzęt i Zabudowy Pojazdów Specjalistycznych Waldemar Szybicki ( 5 points, II place, ex aequo),
- Mine sweeper project 258 ORP ALBATROS, completed by Remontową Shipbuilding SA (leader), Ośrodek Badawczo-Rozwojowy, Centrum Techniki Morskiej SA and PGZ Stocznię Wojenną (4 points, III place, ex aequo),
- Suborbital rocket with a hybrid engine SF1000 PERUN, developing by SpaceForest sp. z o. o (4 points, III place, ex aequo).